This year, Oxford Brookes University is celebrating 10 years of the Brookes Science Bazaar, and we invite your students, their families/guardians and school staff to celebrate with us!
The Science Bazaar will take place at Headington Campus on Saturday 24 February from 10.00 am to 4.30 pm.
This free event will be packed with exciting activities offering something for everyone, from fitness to healthy foods, building the highest spaghetti marshmallow tower, and learning about your genes.
Examples of our activities are:
· Operation! Try some fun interactive activities with our Operating Department Practice team. Fake blood included!
· Looking through the eyes of a modern paramedic: A practical hands-on experience exploring the world of modern paramedics. Learn basic life support and other useful life-saving skills.
· Augmented Reality: The Performance Augmentation Lab (PAL) demonstrates how past experience can be made visible again today.
· Oxford Brookes Racing Simulator: Race the OBR 2014 car around different tracks and set the fastest lap
· What coffee is in your cup? Find out about different types of coffee and how ethical choices around this everyday drink can help save wild animals and places.
· The Outbreak: Use glitter to see how viruses can spread from your hands.
· The Psych Booth: Come along to learn about your brain, and have fun with mirror tracing and optical illusions!
Brookes Science Bazaar is organised and run by staff and students at Oxford Brookes University and the Oxford Academic Health Science Centre (a network which coordinates clinical and academic excellence within Oxford Brookes University, the University of Oxford and two local NHS Trusts).
Our researchers are looking forward to meeting you and talking about their work. The activities will be engaging and hands-on, and while everyone is welcome to participate, they will be aimed at children aged 5-12 years old.
As part of our 10th anniversary celebrations, we would also like to capture memories of young people and their families/guardians who have visited the Science Bazaar in previous years.
If you have memories or photos that you would like to share with us, please use our Google Form here, or email us any pictures that you would like to share.
Getting to Brookes Science Bazaar
Please note that parking at Oxford Brookes University is limited.
To increase sustainability and lower traffic congestion, people travelling to the University are encouraged, where possible, to use the local public transport and sustainable travel options.